Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Thursday 13 - My Favorite Online Magazine Sites


Part of what I've been blogging about this week is my addiction to magazines. Saturday I posted about my yearly treasure map using magazing clippings, and yesterday for Works for Me Wednesday I posted about my clippings notebooks.

I also love that magazines now have special features and access to some of their content available online. The following are 13 of my favorite magazine websites.

:: Real Simple - Amazing tips and ideas

:: O Magazine - She has improved my life. I was thrilled when I read this week that she'll be launching a second television network in 2009.

:: People - this is bookmarked on my iGoogle page to check out the latest gossip daily

:: Southern Living and Midwest Living - great recipies, decorating and travel tips

:: Martha Stewart. Martha now has a blog too!

:: Family Circle - My favorite magazine for suggestions that you can do in "real" life. Get six healthy slow cooker recipies here.

:: Family Fun - They have the best ideas for holiday crafts to do with your kids. Get ideas for homemade valentines here.

:: Cooking Light - I like their lifestyle suggestions even more than their recipies. Be sure to check out this month's cooking class video on braising here.

:: Bon Appétit -A foodie's dream. They seem to have revamped their format, and I can't get enough. The February issue has a great recipe for banana cream pie.

:: National Geographic - We get the adult and kid version at home, and I love getting their daily photo link on my iGoogle page.

:: Mary Englebreit's Home Companion - Great crafts and I love to read about real artist's lives.)

:: Country Living - Eye candy every month. Every month I find my dream home amongst their pages. Online this month be sure to check out Melissa Newfeld's printable vintage valentines.

:: Woman's Day - My second favorite magazine for suggestions that you can do in "real" life. This month be sure to check out the video they have on meals in minutes.


And for even more fun ...
be sure to check out other Thursday Thirteen participants!
******
Please come back tomorrow when I
post an interview with

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Great list! I have gone to almost all of them..LOVE Family Fun!

Forgetfulone said...

Great 13! Very useful. I can use some of these links. Happy TT!

Nicholas said...

Useful list. Thank you.

Deanna Dahlsad said...

See if I read Martha, I have to make stuff; if I make stuff, I have less time to read... :sigh: One day... Maybe? ;)

Happy T13 :)

(My hubby did the T13 today!)

Lylah Ledner said...

what a great list! just wanted to come by and say HI and thank you for your comment over on my MMM blog! i'll come back and visit you! lylah

Ann Kroeker said...

Great tip--and somebody said that they use delicious and Digg to mark their favorite articles online and keep track of them...they're like online binders!

Nicholas said...

I've never seen any of those but I'll have a look at National Geographic.