Thursday, January 10, 2008

This Week

:: Will got pneumonia on Tuesday and his fever quickly shot up to 104. After a visit to the pediatric ER to get x-rays he was sent home with an inhaler and some heavy antibiotics. By Thursday he was back to himself, aside from the cough. Whew.
:: Knowing my class was in the hands of one of my Districts best subs ever. I barely had to plan a thing.
:: After school play dates for our healthy child
:: Trader Joe's chocolate ice cream and meringues from my mother-in-law dropped off by mother-in-law
:: Holiday cards still trickling into our mailbox, including one from a friend I adored from summer camp in Maine. I cried when I saw her familiar, sunny face.
:: Two massages at Massage Envy. I'm a knotty girl.
:: A pedicure with OPI's Midnight in Moscow
:: Sweet potatoes baked on the bbq.
:: Minestrone soup.
:: Listening to Sara Bareillis' Love Song and Ingrid Michaelson's The Way I Am
:: Keeping up with taking a photo a day for my Flickr Project 365. Anyone can jump in on the Project at any time. I joined to remember to work daily on my photography and to notice my life more. I was inspired by Alicia Alferman and Heather Smith Jones' Noticing Project that I linked to via Alicia's blog Mayfly. I didn't discover the inspirational photo blog 3191, A Year of Mornings, until recently, and now it's finished. I'm hoping to find new inspiration through the Noticing Project.
:: A new stack of magazines
:: Posting my first blog interview: be sure to check out Janet of A Slice of Pink
:: Working on my 2008 Treasure Map. I started making these in 1999 (maybe before) while Reading Sarah Ban Breathnach's Simple Abundance. She writes: "A personal treasure map is a collage of your ideal life that you create as a visual tool to focus creative energy in the direction you want to go...When making your personal treasure map, think fun. Think delight. Think seven years old. This is not an intellectual exercise in existentialism. This is a wish list to the Universe." Here are my treasure maps for this year and the past two years:
2008
2007
2006
Have you ever made a treasure map? Even if you haven't, what images or words would you include? Any other Simple Abundance fans reading this post?

3 comments:

Mrs. Gray's Class said...

Wow - you are a busy woman! I enjoyed your posts and love the idea of a picture a day - may have to try it out. Take care.

Unknown said...

Thank you for mentioning our Noticing Project!

And don't fret about 3191- they're switching to evenings, and I have a feeling it will be just as wonderful!

Take care.

Alicia A. said...

that last comment was from me, Alicia. Somehow it said I was Heather?!?!