Saturday, January 5, 2008

This Week

:: A fresh start for 2008.
:: Writing thank you notes and packing away Christmas. I think our cats are really going to miss knocking ornaments off the tree, and they’re losing their new favorite hideout spot under the tree.
:: Rereading copies of Organizing from the Inside Out and Kathy Peel’s The Family Manager’s Everyday Survival Guide. Inspired, I went to The Container Store and picked up storage containers for drawers and the boy’s art supplies.
:: Ringing in the New Year with French bubbly, lobster and steak at home, just the four of us. This was the first year the boys stayed up until midnight to watch the ball drop and to go outside with noise makers and banging pots and pans.
:: Joining Flickr’s Project 365. You commit to taking one photo a day for a year, and they also post weekly challenges if you want to participate in that too.
:: Winter break celebrated with dinners out with friends knowing that I wouldn’t have to worry about waking up in the morning, and lunches out enjoying friend’s company without the sound of the clock ticking in the back of my head. After one lunch my friend and I shopped at a local boutique and I restocked my Curly Girl card supplies. I love everything she makes.
:: Frost on the car windows in the morning.
:: Reading Julie and Julia: My Year of Cooking Dangerously
:: Listening to an amazing NPR interview with Will about Foo Fighters singer Dave Grohl. Will is a huge Foo fan, and it was his first real “driveway moment.”
:: Our friend Matt’s big surprise birthday bash last night.

No comments: